Whirl Wind Weekend full of FUN!


This weekend went by way too fast.  But I managed to cram a lot of fun and experienced many memorable moments!  The weekend started on Friday night, dinner out with Jeff and our boys.  What a fantastic evening.  We told stories, ate a lot and laughed.  Perfect night.  Saturday morning I had breakfast with Wendy at a really cute newly designed cafe in San Carlos.  I look forward to doing this much more often (at least once a month!).  

 

Then it was off to Temecula to meet up with Sarah, Taylor, and Mary.  Sarah and Taylor were there to check out a riding clinic.  As soon as I drove up to the huge stables I felt an extra surge of energy.  Then I met some pretty cool ladies.  That night we stayed up late telling stories, and schooling Sarah on FaceBook, smile.  Sunday morning I met a Warrior who has amazing energy.  She's 1/2 through her Chemo. She's staying real active, not letting chemo get her down at all.  Since she's a horse trainer, she has a lot of endourance.  It's routine to walk 10 miles a day and ride many horses.  She suggested a book "Beating Cancer with Nutrition"  http://www.4nutrition.com/beating_cancer.html


I plan to buy this book very soon.  Meeting the Horse Trainer Warrior came at a perfect time.  She gave me an extra boost, just what I needed to keep me focused on getting through my radiation treaments and continue to live life with a healthy, cancer-free mindset.  I'm grateful for that!  The weather was picture perfect in Temecula and watching the horses gallop by and spending time with my sisters and getting to know Sarah's very cool friends was so healing.  Wow, perfect.  

Life is great.  My radiation treatments are going well.  Just had my 12th one this morning.  My left knee is hurting, which is probably caused by arthitus.  I saw the Dr. yesterday, they suggested to use ice/heat as well as Advil (800 mg) 3x's a day.  But I call my sore knee (which causes me to limp) an insult to injury.  I'm just say'n. . .

The 3rd rain storm should hit this afternoon.  I love the rain!  Please be safe and stay dry.  I plan to.

Love,
Nancy


Excellent Affirmation from Christiane Northrup:

It is no small task to change your focus from what can go wrong to what can go right, and to empower yourself to shift from destructive behaviors to those that are generally associated with health. Repeat this to yourself often: "I now resolve to listen closely to that still, wise, strong voice within me that always guides me toward health and joy." - Dr. Christiane Northrup

Comments

MK said…
Sounds like a great weekend! Love the book - I just ordered it.
Phil said…
Hi Nancy. It's great to read that you're feeling better. *Enjoy the rain while we have it. These storms are few and far between. :)

Popular Posts