Radiology Oncologist Appointment

My appointment went really well today.  My Doctor is very nice and reassuring.  She is recommending 6 weeks of radiation.  Ironically, my first oncologist, who moved up to San Marcos, called me this morning (responding to an email I had sent him).  He told me that the radiologist oncologist may suggest 5, 6 or 7 weeks of radiation.  So I was prepared.  I start my treatments on Monday, Jan 4th.  I'll have 30 sessions.  5 weeks I'll go to Alvarado Hospital and my last week I'll have my treatment Downtown, SD.  I had a non-diganostic CT scan today to map out where the radiation will go.  I now have three tattoos.  Real tiny little dots.  Barely noticeable.  I'll have them forever though.  Side effects to expect:  Burn, possible weeping wound after 3 weeks or so of radiation.  I'm prepared.  Lisa and Ken gave me just the remedy.  Thank you!!!!  I should also expect to feel fatigue.  Nothing like chemo though.  My schedule is posted and I look forward to cross off each week as they go.  


Back to my phone call with my 1st Oncologist. . . I've decided to go full circle and be reassigned to him.  It means I'll travel to San Marcos every 3 to 6 months but that's OK. 


have a peaceful evening.


love you!
Nancy

Comments

Popular Posts