Happy New Year to ALL!

The New Year is so close!  I wanted to take this time to thank everyone that has been there for me, especially these past 7 months.  The numerous inspirational cards, amazing dinners, dinner gift cards, massage gift certificates, bracelets, books, blankets, scarves, hats, lunches  with the SDPD Lab Chick Cheerleaders! & dinners out with some of my awesome  girlfriends, weekends in La Jolla . . . oh my . . . the list goes on!  Everyone has been amazing.  The healing energy that I've received from all of you these past 7 months have made me a true believer.  I've learned a lot from this experience.  Eckhart Tolle's book - The Power of NOW - really put things into perspective for me.  "Whenever anything negative happens to you, there is a deep lesson concealed within it, although you may not see it at the time"  So true.  I've learned a huge lesson, and I continue to learn and grow, throughout this journey that I'm upon.  Listen to your body, live in the now, focus on what is good in your life.  Don't dwell on shoulda, woulda could of's.  I have my moments when I wonder off the "now" path and worry about stuff that just doesn't matter, I guess that's to be expected because that way of thinking has always been a big part of who I was.  I was a worrier, 24-7.  Like last night, I had a terrible night. Worrying about starting Tamoxifen.  This is a breast cancer treatment which I'll be on for at least 5 years.  It's a hormone blocker.  Since my cancer cells thrived on hormones, it's time to block them.  This drug will have side-effects and possible risks but those risks are nothing compared to what might happen if I don't take this drug.  I'm grateful for this treatment.  I really am.  I should have started taking this drug a week ago today, 3 weeks after my last treatment.  But I wanted one full week, with no drugs in my system.  The chemo has pretty much moved on out so it felt amazing to have no poison, no chemicals in my body.  I'll start this treatment tomorrow.  January 1st.  Seems appropriate to start off the year this way.  It you're interested in learning more about Tamoxifen, click on the title of this post.  :-)

Being a worrier really wore me down in many ways.  Feels so good to move on from that way of thinking.  I've replaced being a worrier to being a warrior, Milk Dud Warrior to be exact.  You all gave me the courage to be a warrior!  I'll be forever and a day grateful!  

Christian Northrup has a perfect affirmation for today:
Dietary improvement and exercise are doomed to failure unless they're accompanied by a great deal of self-love, humor, and personal flexibility.  I will make slow and permanent changes in my eating and exercise habits so that they become my new lifestyle, not a temporary diet or quick-fix plan.  
I sware, she is speaking to ME!  :-)

Thanks mom and dad for the Yoga dvd.  Love it!  And with the mini-trampoline that Jeff got me, I'm off to a great start.  Did you know that rebounding (jumping on the trampoline) is beneficial to your health?      This link has a great article about that.  http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/rebounding-for-detoxification-and-health.htm

We'll bring in the new year with friends tonight.  Can't wait!  Have a Happy and Safe New Year's Eve!  Watch out for the drunks on the road!  


Just had to add one more Eckhart Tolle quote from the Power of Now:
"Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be"


And Wayne Dyer:
"Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing"
"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone." 


And Christiane Northrup:
Feeling grateful to or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.


GOOD NEWS . . . Rachelle won her appeal to have the Cyber-Knife treatments!  So happy for you, Rachelle!   WAY TO GO GIRL!


Love you all!


Nancy

Comments

Phil said…
Hi Nancy. Happy New Year to you and your family. 2010 will be great! =)
bmcclay said…
Nancy your pictures are amazing, I love seeing the family and your smile. You inspire me to be a better person. To a fabulous 2010!
Rachelle said…
All I can Nancy is that YOU ROCK!!! Don't get down on yourself for being 'down' sometimes. Been there done that with ALL that I have been through lately too but if we weren't 'human', we wouldn't feel ANYTHING!! The important thing is that you don't 'stay' in those places.......(like I mentioned in my blog). We are BOTH transitioning into a better place........and soon treatments will be over for BOTH OF US!! YEA! :) I love ya girl - hang in there today and only GOOD thoughts your way!! xoxo
Rachelle said…
Thanks for the 'shout out' TOO!! YEA!! HUGS!! :)
fran alger said…
You are amazing..thinking of you with a smile!!!

Popular Posts