Tuesday checkin & nytimes.com article

5:45am - 
Good morning.  Wow.  The fog is finally lifting!  Sunday night was my worse night so far.  Went to bed at 8pm and was up, wired but extremely tired at  . . . get this. . .  9:45pm.  So, every half hour or so, I'd check the clock.  That went on all night.  Yesterday, I caught up on some sleep.  Went to bed at 9:30pm and stayed a sleep until 5:30am!  YES!  I feel re-energized!  


New symptoms this time:  Muscles are really feeling the effects of the taxotere.  Shooting pains in my ribs, joints hurt, muscle fatigue and spasms.  By the 2nd week of December, I should be feeling MUCH better.  The taxotere will be moving on out, for good!


Huhn?  I just found this NY Times article . . .  And it's upsetting to say the least. . . this could be a huge step backwards. . .  





In Reversal, Panel Urges Mammograms at 50, Not 40

What the heck???  This news comes the same week I find out another local friend has breast cancer and another just might.  Pretty much the same age as me.  I can't imagine this recommendation from "an influential group" will change the protocol for mammograms.  If it does, I think all the pink wear'n people of America will stand up and fight, yet another battle.  Unless another, better, option other than Mammogram is offered, this is not going to fly.  As you know, my milk dud was not found on Mammogram but I know A LOT of women that had their lives saved w/ having a yearly screening.

The first paragraph of this article reads:  

Most women should start regular breast cancer screening at age 50, not 40, according to new guidelines released Monday by an influential group that provides guidance to doctors, insurance companies and policy makers.

"An influential group" is recommending this.  Real title:  The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)

Please click on the link (title) above to read the article.    


There's another article, in opposition of this new proposed ridiculous protocol change.  


I'm speechless and pissed that this would even be considered.  

Comments

Popular Posts