Energized on Halloween!

Thursday and Friday night I didn't sleep well.  Especially Friday night.  I woke up early Saturday morning and went to Target.  On my way there, I was totally energized when I was waiting at a Red light and I saw a group of pink wear'n people.  Men and women.  One of the guys was wearing Pink Wings!  They crossed in front of me and I could not help but SMILE!  They all waved at me with their  THUMBS UP and they cheered for me!  Wow.  That was so cool!  I looked at myself in my rear-view mirror and noticed I was wearing a pink beanie, which I normally only wear around the house.  I guess it was obvious to them that I was in warrior mode.  So, the rest of my day was perfect.  Tate and Nolan had great soccer games.  We went to Granny's to have dinner and trick or treat with some cousins and friends, then Nolan and I went home to help Jeff pass out candy to the kids.  Nolan was in a melancholy mood.  He said he was too tired to trick or treat with some of his best buddies.  I think he might have been worried about me.  While trick or treating around granny's neighborhood, I became light headed and fatigued.  Nothing that a rest wouldn't fix, which it did.  I just knew that I was done walking around for the night.  Next Halloween will be even better!  For all of us!  Tate went out with a group of kids - I think we're set on candy for a long time.  He had a great time.


Today, November 1, 2009:  I can officially say "next month, I'll be finished with CHEMO!"  That puts a serious spring in my step!  I want to put up Christmas decorations NOW, b/c that's another indicator my chemo days are numbered.  But I will wait.  After Thanksgiving though, they're going up.  


Nolan has a baseball game at 2:15.  Looking forward to that!  Then it's the Phillies turn to WIN!  Come on Phillies!  You can do it!  GO PHILLIES!!!!   

Comments

Rachelle said…
So glad your are feeling better Nancy! I am praying for you and ALL your boys everyday - they have such a strong mom/wife and you really are an inspiration to us all! Your chemo days are winding down and we'll all be there to celebrate with you! HUGS :)
Rain Dancer said…
Yay for Halloween and being energized! Glad you are feeling better. Have a blessed evening. Love you!
Jill

Popular Posts