Tamiflu or no Tamiflu, what to do???

Hi all,


Tate is still fever free today.  Looks like the boy will return to school tomorrow.  He'll have a lot of catching up, that's for sure.  So great to see him feeling better.  He's still coughing but that's it.


I went to KP today and got in their face, literally.  Felt kinda like a stalker!  Smile.  I wanted answers though and they weren't returning my call in a timely manner so I got my "happy pants" in the car and took a drive to KP.  


My new Oncologist thinks I've missed the boat, assuming my cough I've had since Friday is the Flu, which I doubt it is.  So, he thinks it's pointless to take Tamiflu.  A second doctor, who I caught trying leave the office to have his lunch, smile, was really helpful.  He just might be my new oncologist!  Back to the second dr.  He took me into an exam room, and accessed my record.  After hearing my story, he said that he would recommend Tamiflu to me if I were his patient.  So, we have a tie.  I called my Oncologist who moved up to SanMarcos and he recommends I take Tamiflu at the 1st sign of the flu.  Flu Watch 2009.  Stay tuned.  So far, so good.  No fever.  Cough is going away.  No more runny nose.  I have my Tamiflu and I'll take it if needed.


Please continue to send your healing energy and love my way!  


Love,
Nancy

Comments

Rain Dancer said…
Consider it done...healing energy and prayers are coming your way...right now!

So proud of you for getting your "happy pants" on and driving over to KP to see the docs! YOU GO NANCY! You're gonna dodge this sickness and stay strong!

Glad Tate is feeling better!
Have a blessed Thursday!
Love ya,
Jill
Phil said…
Hi Nancy,

You probably don't remember me (I was a Junior when you were a Freshman back at TPHS), but I remember you. ;)

Regarding the Tamiflu question, I'd follow your Doctor's advice. They tend to know the latest health news and want their patients to ask questions.

I've read through your blog and just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you. *Trust in the Lord with all your heart. <><

Think positive and Go Chargers!

God bless you,

Phil Ammar
(aka Sun Dog)

*Laughter has proven to be helpful for our health. So I suggest you watch all your favorite comedy shows and films whenever possible.
Phil said…
I've had a Google blog site since June, but have never used it. You inspired me to give it a try. I decided to use my first name instead of Sun Dog though.

Peace 2U.

Popular Posts