4th round, CHECK!


My fourth round went pretty well.  The nurse had a difficult time starting the IV but after two tries, she gave up.  Then another nurse (Randi's favorite) came over and saved the day.  Didn't hurt at all.  My wrist is still swollen from the first two tries.  It's OK.  Nothing a little ice won't fix.


So, after I post this, I will cross off the fourth round.  I love crossing those dates off.  Two more to go!!!!!!


I was up at 3am this morning.  Just like the morning before round 3.  But I did manage to get back to sleep at 5:30 for a 1/2 hour.  I just woke up from a nice nap.  Felt good.


This morning my day was started off right with a wonderful visit with Wendy.  Although it was a short visit, it was just what I needed, along w/ a decaf pumpkin spice latte and sausage breakfast sandwich from Starbucks.  Thanks Wendy!  Love you!


Thank you Jeff for being there for me today.  It was another long day. . . but you helped me get through it with your great attitude and humor.  Time flies when you're with me!  I love that you are there with me for every infusion.  Right by my side.  I love you!  


Mary stopped by the Chemo Cafe for a visit today.  Thanks for making the trip down.  I loved our visit very much and I look forward to Sunday.  Although I'll be down, resting with mom at the hotel, I'll be worry free knowing that you are filling my shoes and taking my boys to the U2 concert with Dad.  You all are going to have a blast!  For all you U2 fans, you can view Sunday's concert on YouTube!  It's True!  Click on the Title to be directed to the Youtube/U2 link.  Mom and I plan to tune in at the hotel!  Plus, I think U2 is filming this show to go on a DVD.  how cool is that?  I had been looking forward to this show for months now.  And knowing that I can tune in, makes me very happy.


Thank you for all your comments, cards, well wishes, healing energy and prayers.  They lift me up, I know I'm loved.  I'm grateful for all the support I have around me.


Go Phillies!  Owen, you must be so proud!


Love,
Nancy


Comments

Rain Dancer said…
Hi Nancy,
I'm just getting ready to head to work...glad it is Friday; love weekends! I thought about you this morn and just wanted to let you know you are on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers. I'm sorry you can't go to the U2 concert, but so glad that Mary can step in for you. I'm sure you and your mom will have a nice time at the hotel together. What a great family you have...so cool that your Dad is taking his grandsons to the concert. Praying that your recovery from this round will be quick...you are almost there! Only two to go!
Much love!!
Jill
Katie said…
Hey girley, Been thinking bout you, glad yesterday went ok for you! Almost there. Praying you will be stronger & stronger every minute and that Gods healing hand will be upon you hourly! I love your spirit, "Power of prayer & positive thinking is my attitude"..Lifting you up daily, and hoping you feel the love. Enjoy your time with your mom, and there will be other U2 concerts, take care of yourself! Love you girl..Katie
Carol said…
Hey Nancy:

Greetings from the 'great white north!' LOL! I may be flying home Sunday. I was hoping my Mom would be out of the hospital before I leave, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not.
I'm so excited for you - that you only have 2 treatments left ... I hope you feel ok the next few days and your Dad and the boys have an awesome time at the concert!

Much love,
Carol
Merri said…
Dearest Nancy,
I look at you and see nothing but a beautiful spirit exuding from you, within you, around you. You are extraordinary! I think and pray for you often my friend. How cool your twin can step in for you for U2, you will feel the concert through Mary's osmosis no doubt. You and your lovely mom will have so much fun at the hotel, very cool. I'm crossing the dates off in my calendar too. Yipee down to 2. You have to be the most stylish at the Chemo Cafe - just pure beauty! Love you, Merri

Popular Posts