Round Two, check!

My day started off so well.  Had a nice time with Mary at Starbucks.  Thanks Marz for making the trip down.  Sure meant a lot!


Then off to KP.  Got there at 10am and finished around 4pm.  So much for an easy go today.  Around 11:30am I started to have a very serious allergic reaction to the Taxotere which involved me all of a sudden not being able to breathe and started getting hives on my left arm (where the IV was) and my face was redder then a fire truck. Very scary.  I was right by the nurses station and got their attention fast.  In a matter of seconds, there were 6 people around me, including an Oncology dr., and the pharmasist, who mixed my chemo cocktail.  Wow, what service.  They hooked me up to oxygen, took my blood pressure, gave me 3 drugs thru the IV.  2 were antihistamines and the other was a different kind of steroid.  That did the trick.  My blood pressure improved.  Around a half hour later, they tried giving me Taxotere again.  They slowly but surely got it in.  No side affects.  I'm grateful.  I was worried that I would not be able to finish my session today, which would mean delay in getting this all over with.  So, my big question was "why am I having an allergic reaction now?, why didn't this happen the during the 1st round?".  They gave me a pretty easy explanation.  Sometimes people don't know they're allergic to a bee sting until they get stung the 2nd time.  Makes sense.  Round Three:  They'll start w/ a dose of Benedryl.  All should be good.  


It was GREAT seeing mom and dad!  Look forward to seeing them again soon.  Thanks for the pesto, etc!  And Missy, if your reading, THANK YOU FOR The Blanket.  It's so soft and beautiful.  I'll treasure for ever.  And your note was so sweet.


Thanks Gloria for the YUMMY cookies!  I ate so many today!  MMMMM!


I forgot to wear makeup today.  Yikes!  O'well.  Thank goodness for lipstick!




On our way home, we stopped by to pickup my wig.  I'll take pictures tomorrow and post.  I like it a lot.  Jeff clipped my hair some more.  So glad.  I look bad-ass now.  :-)  SSMDW in the HOUSE!  


Here are some pictures from today.  Glad it's done.  Time for some yummy lasauna that Deb made for us!  Thanks Deb!


Love you all,
Nancy

Comments

Minglese said…
Oh my gosh, after everything you went through today you keep your sense of humor and make me LOL with the "I look bad-ass now. :-) SSMDW in the HOUSE!" I was laughing so hard as I can just picture you saying that. You SSMDW, light up my life and inspire me to stretch myself a little further each day. Much love and I'll be in touch.
Monique
Minglese said…
And P.S. you look gorgeous without makeup girl! You're what they call a 'natural beauty.' Loved the picture of you and Mary, what an awesome twosome! X-O

Popular Posts