Weekend in La Jolla!

My weekend started on Friday.  Picked up Sarah from the hotel and we went for a "foot massage".  I've mentioned this place before on a previous posting.  It's a really cool place, dark room, comfy chair, nice relaxing music, water fountains . . . just one quirky thing I had to tell Sarah before we walked in . . .  they play war movies during your relaxing massage.  No audio, thank goodness but the image is shocking.  I told her to just shut her eyes.  We couldn't help but giggle b/c really, it's ridiculous to play a shoot'm up movie like "Private Ryan" during a peaceful "foot massage".  Funny.  They turned it off, not b/c we asked them to.  Maybe b/c they realized how ridiculous it was.  LOL!  I can't wait to go back.  The "foot massage" is truly is a treat. 

After that, I got my flu shot.  fun times.  After a quick early dinner at Pick Up Stix, we headed back to the hotel and enjoyed our time together.  

Saturday, Sarah and I went to Nolan's soccer game.  Aunt Sarah got to watch Nolan do a Hat Trick!  Yep, 3 goals.  Pretty cool.  Sarah was yelling "Super-Star" from the sideline.  Loved it!  Then we met up w/ Jeff and Tate at the hotel.  Mom and Dad, Mary and her family arrived and we had a great time catching up.  We laughed so much.  Felt really good to laugh.  Sarah and Mary shaved my head.  I'm now officially, Mrs. Clean.  Ha!  We walked across the golf course, to check out the beautiful sunset and then we had a nice dinner at the hotel.  Perfect.  I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of Jessie, Philip and Craig!  What the heck!  Just wait until Thanksgiving, I'll make up for it!  Smile.

Sunday, Nolan and I went to his baseball game.  Jeff and I both thought Nolan pitched really well and had a great inning as catcher.  After the game me and Nolan headed back to the hotel.  Got to see another amazing sunset with Mary, Erik, mom, dad, Sarah and my boys.  The room Sarah got us was SWEET!  Thank you Sarah!  We had a perfect dinner at the hotel, Thank you mom and dad!

Monday morning. . .  said our good byes. . . took the boys to school and returned to work.  I miss my family.  I look forward to Thanksgiving.  Seeing everyone.  I'll have my camera, get ready to SMILE!  Missed you Owen, Jeanette, Sarah and Owie!  

Check out this REALLY cool quote that was forwarded to me from Wendy.  She received it from her dear friend who started her chemo journey today.  "We must embrace our pain and burn it as fuel for our journey...the fight starts today!!"

Thursday is coming up fast.  Can't wait to get to the top of Chemo Mountain!  The visual is amazing.  Knowing I'll be 1/2 way done with this Chemo Trip.  

Please say an extra prayer, send super-sized energy my way on Thursday, 10:15am.  

I'll post a few more pictures later tonight, I hope.  

Love you!
Nancy

Comments

mz marz said…
Nanc, This weekend was so much fun! I especially loved our mischievous adventure across the golf course. That cliff is REALLY high from the beach... Erik adds, and I quote: "and the cliff was really wonderful... it was a wonderful sight to see the really nice beach. The hotel was so nice, it was a really great hotel". Great memories, looking forward to a girls only weekend (Nancy, Jeanette, Sarah & me) in the beautiful suite ;-)
It was so nice spending time with Mom, Dad & Sarah and of course you and the boys. love ya, mz marz
jntnfamily said…
I can picture Erik saying that! What a sweet boy! He's growing up so fast!

Marz, see you on Friday! Love you sister!
Rain Dancer said…
Nancy,
I will be praying extra for you this next week! After tomorrow you'll be half way there...yay! You are doing great and, girl, you look awesome! I am so proud of you Nancy! What a great example to others in how to fight this disease.

Love the pictures...you Gillick girls are beautiful and your mom and dad look great! I love seeing pictures of them...I just remember your mom being such a sweet gentle person. Your boys are very handsome and I am sure they give you much strength and determination. Let those who love you and care for you pamper you this week and you concentrate on doing what you need to do to get stronger. You are doing great!!

Much love, friend!
Jill
Minglese said…
Nancy,
Loved seeing you and your family together, as it should be. You're so blessed having that loving family by your side. You and your sisters are so beautiful and the love your parents must feel when they see you girls laughing and having such fun must warm their hearts. They are so cute, just as I remember them. I'm sending prayers and possitve energy your way for tomorrow. You're in my daily thoughts and prayers. Much love to you Nanc. Monique

Popular Posts