Sisters in La Jolla















































Wow, The weather was PERFECT in La Jolla this week! We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Torrey Pines so much! Thanks Sarah for arranging it and making the trip! Me and the boys loved seeing you, your girls and Mary!!!!
Monday was a big day. I had my PET scan. The whole process took around 2 hours. I didn't realize I'd be emitting radio active material all day long. I had to keep at least 6' away from my boys. sad. The procedure was a piece of cake. Just had to lay there, real still for around 35 minutes. I thought a lot about my friends and family. Having your support has made me feel so special, and STRONG. I should have results in the next day or so. OH! My sentinel lymph node (on my left side) was clean! No cancer cells.
A dear family friend sent me this great poem from John O'Donohue (Irish poet and teacher) - thank you Elaine! I love you!
A Blessing
May you awaken to the mystery of being here and enter the quiet immensity of your own presence.
May you have joy and peace in the temple of your senses.
May you receive great encouragement when new frontiers beckon.
May you respond to the call of your gift and find the courage to follow its path.
May the flame of anger free you from falsity.
May warmth of heart keep your presence aflame and may anxiety never linger about you.
May your outer dignity mirror an inner dignity of soul.
May you take time to celebrate the quiet miracles that seek no attention.
May you be consoled in the secret symmetry of your soul.
May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder.

love this!
I'll post more pictures tomorrow. It's time to go to bed. Thanks for checking in on me. You all have to know how much that means to me. I love YOU!
Nancy

Comments

Rain Dancer said…
YES...I love to start out a day with good news! Will continue to pray that only good results come your way! I love the pictures...you Gillick girls look great! Keep up the positive attitude and stay strong!
Much love,
Jill
Heidi said…
Nancy, I am so pleased you are surrounded by so many family and friends, your photos are great! I really loved your stone heart story - so sweet :o)
I am so looking forward to seeing you again and giving you a hug in person. Love heidi xoxox

Popular Posts