PET Scan Results are in . . . :-)

Everything is NORMAL on my scan! What a huge relief! I just got off the phone w/the research nurse in Oncology and she gave me the good news. As mentioned before. . . my pathology report indicated "scant residual invasive lobular carcinoma, Grade 1/3" left behind on my right side. In a nut shell, that now means, I do not qualify for the Avastin study. That was confirmed today. If I would have qualified for the study, I would have had the red carpet treatment throughout my chemotherapy treatments. It's OK though. Now that I know my Scan is normal, chemo and radiation will eliminate the cancer all together. I don't need the Avastin. Wasn't meant to be.

Today, I'm feeling well. Yesterday, I had many naps. Plus I went to KP to have my left side drained a little. Felt like I had a small water balloon forming. Strange feeling. TMI?

I have an appointment w/ my oncologist on Tuesday, 8/18 and then Chemo will start 8/20 at 1:30pm. This appointment (since it's my first time) will last 3-4 hours. Please mark your calendars to send extra positive energy and prayers my way.

Love,
Nancy

Comments

Carol said…
Nancy, that is great news! I'm glad your treatment is going so well. If you want me to go along on any of your chemo treatments, let me know! I am off on Mondays and Wednesdays. We just flew home from Vancouver, Canada last night ...
Love, your friend,
Carol
Merri said…
Dearest Nancy, Thanks for the update on the good news of the PETscan and what is next. Please keep me in mind too for taking you to chemo, whatever you need. I'm off Wed and Fri and can adjust my schedule for other days, just let me know even if it's last minute. Loved the pictures of your visit with Sarah and Mary in La Jolla, what beautiful women you all are (and handsome young boys too)! I had to look closely to find Sarah, I thought her oldest daughter was her at first - just lovely. Enjoy those naps my friend and take it slow back at work next week. I look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Merri
Nancy,
Congrats on the PET Scan results. I well remember the angst awaiting Linnea's results. And I know the joy of relief. Fight on.
Sincerely,
Andy Weddington
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rain Dancer said…
Great news Nancy! I'll continue to pray for you as you go through your treatment! You are an amazing woman! I won't be able to check your blog next week; I'll be on vacation and won't have internet access but please know you are in my thoughts!
Love,
Jill
jntnfamily said…
Welcome home Carol! Look forward to catching up! Merri, no kidding about Sarah's girls.

I appreciate your offer to help me get to my chemo treatments. I'm feeling so loved. I'll for sure let you know if I need any help. It's comforting to know I have rides when needed!

Andy, Linnea's battle w/ this sure has inspired me. Please tell her hello. I wish i could have met her when she was in town. I look forward to meeting both of you some day.

Jill, enjoy your vacation!

I'll continue to keep you all posted . . . thanks for your comments. They really keep me going and make me feel stronger than I ever thought I was.

Love you!
Nancy
bmcclay said…
Praise the Lord on the PET scan news. I have been nervously awaiting this wonderful news. God is good. I too can come along and keep you company during your chemo, please let me know. Love, Brenda
Unknown said…
Hey Nancy! Great news on your PET scan. All right, here's my video pic of the week. A little tried and true from an artist whose music has always been more art than pop. The video just sits right with me this week. I love you.

http://music.aol.com/video/kind-and-generous/natalie-merchant/1360374

Popular Posts