Dang, I'm LUCKY!

Here's part of an email Elaine sent to me this evening.  Wow.  Brought me to tears.  I'm grateful and fortunate to have people in my life that have my BACK!  Love you all!


Dearest Nancy:

I had an incredable experience this morning after church.  I was telling Rick, our Episcopal priest about you and you wonderful family.  Rick remembers your parents from Jim's memorial service.

Rick asked me to come up to the altar with him and to lay my hands on the altar, and Rick said the most wonderful prayers for you and your whole family. Nancy, I had never prayed with my hands on an altar, I must say it was one of the most moving moments in my life.  I have the whole church, 8:30 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:30 AM and 5:30 PM services praying for you, plus all of the special groups that meet.

. . . Well my Dear Nancy, I will also share with you the photo I took of a hummingbird at the zoo.  The zoo keeper told us to turn around quietly and see if you could see the hummingbird in the flowers...amazing.  I am always taken by the beauty and serenity of the hummingbird; the little hummingbirds are so intent on their purpose in life.  Nancy, I want you to think of yourself as a hummingbird when you are at chemo....you have a big purpose in life to love Nancy, Jeff, your boys, your family; but most of all to love Nancy.  


Thank You Elaine!  I love you too!

Comments

Popular Posts