10 more days . . .

Good morning! 10 more days then the chemo begins. It was recommended to me that I fatten up this week and next, to help on those days I don't feel like eating much during my 12-week chemotherapy. Any healthy recipes that are loaded in calories any one would like to forward to me, I'd appreciate!

Yesterday was my first day back at work and it went really well. Played catch up. It was great seeing my work family again, it had only been 2 weeks but it felt longer than that. Plus, I met up with some truly amazing women from the SDPD for lunch. Wow, that was a huge treat. Thank you for everything! You all are so thoughtful. I hope to do that again, real soon.

The boys stayed with friends last night. I got to bed at a good hour. Summer is slowly ending, school is just around the corner. Almost time to go back to school shopping. But at the rate my 13 year old is growing, I'd rather wait the day before school to buy him new cloths! :-)

Tate had a soccer tournament last weekend. Fun times. They came in 2nd! Whew-hoo! In between one of the games, we watched another game, and there was this lady in a yellow dress. some say she reminded them of me. Why? Well, b/c she was cheering on her team in a unique way with phrases like "go go go! NICE! YEEEESSSS!". She was animated. Jumping up and down. I'm surprised she didn't do a cart-wheel. No, I don't do cartwheels but I do get into it. She was fun to watch and made me realize that perhaps I should tone down my cheering. I know you all love it when I say "more mustard!" or "turn and burn!". I crack my self up. Thanks for putting up w/ me on the sideline. I love soccer!!!!! I love watching my boys play!!!!!

I found this quote today, i love it!:

"Wake up all the desire and pleasure that your body is capable of experiencing, let your past go, and follow your bliss just for the health of it." - Dr. Christiane Northrup

Be well!
Love,
Nancy

Comments

bmcclay said…
I'll be counting down with you, Nancy, you are never far from my thoughts. Ditto on the school shopping, that's on the agenda for this weekend, the kids grow so fast, one of mine out & one of mine up. I am with you on the sporting events, but I have never shouted "more mustard" but I might try it for a reaction.
Merri said…
Hi Nancy,

I think of you and pray for you every day and check your blog often. I am sending you some of my favorite recipes that I hope you enjoy. They are great to make ahead of time and freeze well for quick, easy dinners or whenever you are hungry. I have a couple more weeks to avoid the back to school shopping and agree with you to wait until the last minute. These children sprout overnight! What a great story about your cheering at the boys sporting events - as life should be! (Everyone at the skating rink knows when Allison is on the ice) :-) I'm thankful that she at 14 still allows me to cheer her on. Many blessings to you! Love, Merri

Popular Posts