Nancy's in her hospital room resting from successful surgery!

Hi everyone, this is Mary, Nancy's twin sister. Nanc asked me to update her blog for her, so I will do my best.

First the good news: Nancy's surgery started around 5:15 and was over around 7:45-8:00. Dr. Ressa said the surgery went well, and she's going to be okay. Not sure when she'll be released yet, some time tomorrow, I assume.

I just got home from a brief visit with Nancy & Jeff after her surgery, post op recovery and just being wheeled into her room (11:00pm) to get settled in for the night. Even though she was pretty groggy, in true Nancy form, she still wanted to make sure Mom and Dad were okay. :-)

I just got to say, "Nancy, you are my hero. You are the most thoughtful, caring and loving person I know, I'm blessed to be your sister"


Nanc and I hung out all day. We ate breakfast together... although she wasn't hungry, she managed to eat some oatmeal & a bit of banana. But of course, shortly after her "eat all you want until 9:00am" time frame had expired, she was hungry. We laughed about that. We went out and got our toes done. She'll be sending a pic of that I'm sure, when she's feeling up to it.

Thank you to all her wonderful friends! It means so much to her to read your comments and know that you care about her and are praying for her. Anyway, I'm exhausted, I'm off to bed. Love & hugs to everyone from Nancy.

Take care, mz marz

Comments

Louise ODell said…
Dear Nancy,
We are so relieved that your surgery went well and is over. Get lots of rest these next few days. You have loving family and friends to take care of you.
Peace and Love,
Aunt Louise and Uncle Jerry
Minglese said…
Nancy,
The music set to your blog is absolutely beautiful, reminds me so much of you. Remember the CD that you mixed for my 40th Birthday? I've been listening to it and it brings me back to so many good memories when we were in high school. Thank you. I was so happy to get Mary's update about your surgery, my little milk dud warrior! Rest up so you can heal, time to let your friends and family spoil you. Much love and God Bless, Monique
Michelle said…
Nancy,

Whoot Whoot. Another step taken! I love you. Thank you Mary for updating the blog!!! Nancy is so lucky to have such a wonderful sister AND family.
Heidi said…
Hey Nancy
I was thinking of your surgeon and his team eating cookies yesterday afternoon :o) Im so pleased everything went well and that you are on your road to recovery now. Let me know if there is anything you need. Love Heidi xoxox
Merri said…
Dearest Nancy (and Mary), Thank you for sharing the great news about the surgery (thank you God and Dr. Reesa) and your day together as sisters yesterday. I was thinking and praying for you all and it brings tears to my eyes the special love you both share. I am blessed to have you as my friends. Take it slow and let us all help you as you recover. You are an amazing woman Nancy! Love, Merri
Carol said…
Nancy, I'm so happy to hear everything went well and your surgery is behind you now! Thank you Mary for updating us .... Now you can rest and recover and know that we are all here for you! You are a special lady for sure!

Love and hugs,
Carol

Popular Posts