I heart Christiane Northrup - Click on this link to see why :-)

"Have the courage to get well, be well, and stay well, because in doing so, you're transforming the world one person at a time."
~Christiane Northrup
Yesterday was another lazy day. I'm starting to watch a lot of Oprah now. DVR, gotta love it!

Everyday, I'm in awe of my family and friends. Everyone has been so thoughtful. Merri & Allison stopped by, with bags of groceries, OMG. What a surprise! LeeAnn and Alan stopped by the day before w/ dinners. And today, Owen and Jeanette made the trip down to SD from OC. with 5bls of Pollo Asada and Carne Asada. The mailman came w/ more cards. The comments you've all left mean more to me than you'll ever know. And CWSL, Chrissy and Louise, Thank you!!! I'm so inspired by the shower of love and support! I love you all!

So, regarding the hat. . . it was really cute when I saw it on Monday. But I didn't feel the love yesterday, when I was willing to buy it. Instead, I went upstairs and bought a really cute green jacket. It will be perfect for when it gets cold. . . in 5 months! LOL! But still, it's so cute. And green is the color I'm focusing on.

We hope to get a new computer in a week or so. When that happens, I'll add some pictures and more songs. Can't do that w/ this old computer.

I'm feeling pretty good today. Just a little sore. Looking forward to seeing Ressa tomorrow and having (hopefully, fingers crossed) the drains removed. Then on Monday, another big day. I'm having a PET scan at 9:30am. Seems like a good idea; having this done at this stage of the game to have a marker. But still, I'm nervous. I'm focused on the scan coming back clear.

Sarah and her daughters will be in town on Sunday night. Looking forward to seeing them.

Love and hugs. Nancy

Comments

mz marz said…
Good morning Nanc,

Sounds like a good day yesterday.. Owens pollo & carne asada is the BEST (for anyone who hasn't eaten it)! So, I must ask you... did you try the carne asada? And, if you did, which is better the carne asada or pollo asada? And is there any left overs? You know, I could come down for a quick visit, say around lunch time... :-)

No, really I could. I'm totally available. No problem.

I love you, mz marz
bmcclay said…
Good Morning,
You are amazing and so is your family, truly the blessings in your life. I love hearing about your day, the shopping, the friends, the kids, and Jeff. Good luck with your PET scan. Your in my heart, Brenda
Rain Dancer said…
Hey Nancy,
I just got back from a long walk, listened to some good tunes on the ipod, and did a lot of thinking and praying. It is a beautiful night here in Ohio. As I walked, you were on my mind. I know we haven't kept in touch over the years, but to me that doesn't seem to matter, you still are a very dear friend and I am so proud of you! You have faced this mountain with such grace and courage and I appreciate your sharing it with all of us. We all have mountains to climb and we all can gain strength and courage from each other...I have gained much from you!

Guess what I saw up close and personal on my walk tonight...a raccoon. I thought of that scene in Elf where Buddy says "Does somebody need a hug?" I laughed at that thought...I also thought of you because I know that you like Elf and like to say Buddyisms!!

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend and I will be praying for a clear PET scan. Stay Strong!!
Much Love,
Jill

Popular Posts