feeling good about my new doctor . . .

What a day. And I'll know a lot more on Wednesday . . . I know, more waiting. It's cool, at least I feel like things are moving in the right direction.

Today, Doctor says he recommends Chemotherapy ASAP. However, if I qualify for the Avastin Clinical Study, then that would be one reason to have surgery now. Confusing . . . I know.

In a nut shell, the way I understand it . . . if I'm Her2 Negative, I qualify for the Avastin Clinical Study. I have surgery 1st, get clean margins, heal then start chemo/Avastin. Here's a link the Avastic study:
http://professional.cancerconsultants.com/news.aspx?id=41384


If I test positive for Her2, then I'll start Chemo ASAP, maybe as soon as 7/28. Then have surgery. here's a link to a different clinical study for Her2 Positive:

http://www.herceptin.com/pdf/HERStrength_UnderstandingHER2BreastCancer.pdf

Her2 information:

http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/path_report/the_cancer/her2_status.jsp?gclid=CLOn79WR1JsCFSgYagodt2NwLA


I had a chest xray today. Will have blood work done tomorrow to check my liver as well as other areas. Wednesday, all this will help decide what treatment I should go foward with.


I'm overwhelmed right now with all this. I will research more tomorrow.

Love,
Nancy

Comments

Unknown said…
Nancy,
Your inner strength is amazing. I am so happy that you made a positive connection with your new doctor and there is a tentative plan in place once results are evaluated.
We love you!
Stacey & Eric (along with Ricky & Margaret- moms sending healing energy your way)
Minglese said…
Nancy,
I'm so glad you like your new doctor and it sounds like he's really moving things along in the right direction. Once you know what you need to do, you dig in and do it. Love and prayers are being sent your way. Much love, Monique
Michelle said…
Just sending love and positive energy.

Popular Posts