Surgery Date Set

Today was a big day. I met with the surgeon and Oncology nurse. Learned a lot. The Dr. recommends I have a lumpectomy. This will involve the removal of the milk dud and breast tissue around it plus some lymph nodes. When I get the all clear, (clear margins) then I'll start radiation treatment (sometime mid-July). This will involve 5 weeks, 5x's a week, 15 minute sessions each day of radiation treatment. My understanding is that the only side effects will be a sunburn on the targeted area.

The lumpectomy is an out-patient procedure. Recovery time is between 2-5 days. I plan to take the whole week off.

Well, that's it for now. If I think of something else that was discussed today, I'll post later.

My friend pulled these cards for me today, very appropriate I think:

From Wayne Dyer’s The Power of Intention Cards:
“Raise Your Energy Vibration” (front of card)
“Every thought that you have impacts you. By shifting in the middle of a weakening thought to one that strengthens, you raise your energy vibration and strengthen yourself and the immediate energy field.”
(back of card)

and

From the Deepak Chopra Manifesting Good Luck Deck:
“I stop all worrying.” (front of card)
“When I stop worrying things don’t bother me anymore, and I become lighthearted and full of joy.” (back of card)


Love,
Nancy

Comments

Popular Posts