3rd round went smoothly. Best one so far!

Yes, it's true!  Jeff and I arrived at 10am for my 10:15 appointment.  The chemo cafe was PACKED with people.  They finally had a chair for me around 11am.  Was all hooked up by 11:30.  I was unhooked around 2:30.  Only 3 hours of drip!  Not bad!  The pre-dose of the Benedril did the trick.  My chair was not  the one I wanted so I had my crabby pants on tight over that.  They put in the only available chair which was far, far away from the nurses station.  After the nurse reassured me she'd stay by my side, I mellowed out.  She offered to put me on a gurney, right next to the nurses station but I declined.  No TV if you sit there!  Just kidding.  I had a new nurse, Angela.  She was terrific.  Carol S., I cuddled up in the beautiful quilt you made me!  It kept me warm and cozy.  All the nurses loved it.  Thank you!


I'm on top of the MOUNTAIN!  Click on the title to see Kelly Clarkson and Jeff Beck perform Up to the Mountain.  Love it!  Goose-bump good.  Jeff was fantastic, holding my hand, reassuring me, keeping me calm.  Thanks baby!  I love you.


Jill visited today.  She and her family live in Italy now and she's out for a short vacation.  Jill!  It was fantastic seeing you!  


Feeling pretty tired right now, time for a nap.  Oh, I just noticed something funny.  My last chemo cocktail is on 12/3.  123.  three more sessions.  I know, I'm tired.   LOL!


Thanks for your loving healing energy and prayers!  They worked!


Love you!
Nancy

Comments

Unknown said…
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your... being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life....”
And so, Nancy, you fight on! With the spirit and humor of a warrior--the best way to do it. Good for you. Tough times yet better days await. Yes, better days do indeed await!
Katie said…
I found some scripture that reminded me of your strength, I hope you will continue to look to these as you walk this journey!

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him"
Psa 126:5,6

"Though the mountains be shaken, and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the LORD, who has compassion on you"! Isa. 54:10

Keep singing, and "dance like no one is watching"
I love you
Nancy Stelianou said…
Hi Nancy----Good to hear that everything went quite well yesterday and that you have passed the halfway mark. My sister was here earlier this week and your ears must have been ringing. We of course think you are one amazing person! The weekend at La Jolla must have been fun. I've never been there, but your grandmother used to talk about how beautiful that whole area is. .........You are very much in my prayers and thoughts, dear.
Rain Dancer said…
Hi Nancy,
Glad it went well yesterday! So glad too that you are surrounded by those you love and that you have a great support system! I will continue to pray this week; that the side effects won't be so bad and that you'll be back to yourself in no time at all. I love the scripture Katie shared with you. It is so so true that the sowing of tears does indeed reap songs of joy...I can attest! So when it gets hard just remember the joy that awaits you when you are on that mountaintop.
I love you,
Jill

Popular Posts