Saturday Checkin


"The path of true abundance comes from spending time, thought, and energy on those areas of my life that are most fulfilling to me. Over time, this is how I create the life of my dreams." Dr. Christine Northrup

I'm noticing a shift in my mood the past couple of days. And I'm not liking it at all. I'm getting worked up on things that I have no control over. It's time to review The Power of Now. I need to get focused on what's really important. Not knowing how my body is going to take the chemo this week has me feeling uneasy. But, nothing I can't handle. I'll get back on track. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. I feel your love every minute of every day. I'm truly grateful.

Nolan had his first ever travel baseball game tournament. The boys did really well, considering they've only practiced twice. I think they all learned a lot. Nolan needs to get his confidence back. He loves baseball so much. I love watching him play. The boys have at least one more game tomorrow, hopefully two games though. Hopefully his mojo returns! I have high hopes it will. :-)

We got a new computer! It's an iMac. Love it! It's super-crazy-easy! PC's
can be so complicated to set up. This iMac was as simple as plugging in. Love that! Jeff, you did a fantastic job finding the most awesome computer EVER! Love you Baby!

I'll post some baseball pictures later on. I hope all is well w/ my family and friends! Millie, I received the wrap you knitted for me! It's so pretty and soft! I'll treasure it and it will give me much comfort! Thank you!!

Speaking of Thanks. There are so many people I would like to thank w/ thank you cards. I hope to send some out in the next few weeks. Please know that I appreciate all your love and support!!!

Cindy, Stay Strong Girl! I think of you every day! You are my inspiration! Love you!

Bye for now.

Comments

bmcclay said…
Hey Nancy,
I see alot of women during their chemo treatments, and I am always surprised at how well they are doing, most feel tired but are warriers through it all. Last week I had a personal trainer that refused to let her chemo from interferring with her 13 miles run everyday, she ran the morning of her surgery and had finished a round of chemo. I have NEVER had any of my patients tell me about chemo brain I think that might be for the bone marrow transplant patients and we don't do that at Desert. I think you will do great your healthy to start with, young, strong-willed, and have a great support system, such an advantage over some women I encounter. Keep the faith girlfriend
jntnfamily said…
Thank Brenda. I needed to hear (read) all that. All of the women I've talked to that have had chemo for breast cancer has mentioned Chemo Brain, or Chemo-amnesia.

It's encouraging to hear that women get right on w/ their lives through chemo. My goal is to work through out. I'll be on A-C. Any thoughts?

If I make it up to 29 to recoup, I'll all you. I'd LOVE to see you!

Love,
Nancy
Michelle said…
Heya Nancy! Another video for you. It's from Playing for Change. I believe you have posted one of their videos on your FB quite a while ago (Stand By Me). This video, while not quite as good at the Stand By Me video, the commentary during the first 20 or so seconds. I love you always.

http://www.playingforchange.com/episodes/3/One_Love
Merri said…
Happy Monday Nancy,
Great pictures of Mother's Day and baseball. Go Tate! What a wonderful weekend you had and hooray on the new computer. Everyone raves about the Macs vs. PC's once they convert! What a great article on weightlifting. I knew it had benefits, but this is powerful. I, too, have some equipment and can help you. You just let me know when you are ready. You will power through this chemo like a locomotive. You have a great mindset, strong faith, tons of love and support (and you pull from us whatever you need, OK?) We are here for you Nancy. A friend of mine recommended this website:
www.beinhealth.com
Sending you much love, hugs, good thoughts and prayers. Love, Merri

Popular Posts