hot Hot HOT in San Diego!

This has been a great weekend.  Started off with a Win for CSC BU14!  Way to go boys!  Tate had a great game, all the boys did.  It was fun to watch, heat and all.  After that I met up with a new friend, Judy, who seriously has amazing energy.  We chatted for over an hour at Starbucks; comparing our cancer stories.  She had some really good advice for me.  I love her attitude.  So inspiring.  Like all my "scar sisters" (right,  Monique?)  Smile.


Me and the boys watch Chula Vista take care of business during the Little League World Series.  Mercy Rule, of course.  The boys were on FIRE!  


Then off to AG movie night.  Ok, Bed Time Stories is a really cute movie!  It's one to own, I think.  Good times with friends.  Cool night in San Diego to watch a movie under the stars.  


Today, I drove to La Jolla Shores to watch Nolan and his friend Zach surf.  I found front row parking, which was crazy considering there were people in front of me and behind me looking for spots.  For some reason, I was the only one that saw this front row parking spot.  Crazzzy.  The boys had finished surfing and were digging in the sand.  It was a treat to see that.  Then, Monique and I had breakfast at Brockton Villa in La Jolla.  It had been Waaay too long since I've seen you Monique.  Catching up was a lot of fun.  You are one amazing lady.  My Scar Sister, forever. <3 you!  two pictures of me and Monique 2009 and 2005





I made it home in time to watch the Little League International World Series with my Tate.  (Nolan's hanging with Zach all day)  The game was great.  China played well but of course, Chula Vista took care of business, once again.  Love that team!


I am feeling really well and I expect to continue to for the next couple of weeks.  Now that I have a good idea on what to expect next chemo round, I feel better prepared.  With your good energy flowing all around me, and me knowing to ask for help on those down days so my boys don't see their momma down, 24-7 will make the next go around easier for everyone.  My boys are the best helpers, they stayed close by, holding my hand - rubbing my feet, seeing me through my 2 dark days.  They will still help me but this time, they'll have a break.  Have some fun.  Thanks for everyones offer to take them when needed.  That's huge knowing that.  Jeff has been a rock for me.  He knows just what to say and do.  I'm a lucky lady.  


Mom and Dad went to Idylwild for the Jazz in the Pines concert this weekend.  In the past, we'd all go up; rent a huge cabin and enjoy some jazz under a canopy of trees and swaying parachutes tied to the trees.  http://www.idyllwildjazz.com/  I highly recommend this concert.  Super cool.  Here are some pictures from the 2005 Jazz in the Pines!  


Love you all! I'll write more soon. . . Nancy ~ aka: Scar Sister Milk Dud Warrior (SSMDW) Smile.









Comments

Merri said…
Dear Nancy,

I love all the pictures and hearing about your boys, weekend and activities. Idyewild is awesome, we had girls weekend up there one year (missed you). The jazz festival sounds and looks like great fun. Your family is so darn cute, all of them! The next time around for chemo you are ready to kick the side effects to the curb. The men in your life are so amazing! Loved the story about your new bra and C cup, you go for it girl. The salesperson at Nordstrom's knows what she is talking about. I look forward to seeing you soon and please if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. Love you lots, Merri
jntnfamily said…
Thank you Merri! Love your comment! You always put a smile on my face with your kind words! I'll be in touch. Love you. Nancy

Popular Posts