The tumor in my right breast was removed during surgery, as was some tissue around it, the 'sentinal gland', and additional lymph nodes. (The 'sentinel gland' is the first lymph node to receive lymphatic drainage from a tumor and the surgeon looks to this gland to determine if the tumor has potentially spread. My surgeon determined from this gland that more lymph nodes should be removed, and did so.)

It was hoped that only the tumor and sentinal gland would need to be removed, and it is disappointing that the sentinel gland showed signs of spreading. However, having said that, it could very well be that the surgeon has now removed all traces of the spread and the problem is solved.

At this early stage, it appears I may be in for some chemo as well as radiation. Another test will determine exactly what the course of action should be, and the results from that test won't be known for another week or so.


Thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts. My post op appointment w/ my surgeon is Wednesday morning. Hopefully the drain will be removed at that time. Fingers crossed. Should hear from Oncology in a week or so.

Love,
Nancy

Comments

Minglese said…
Nancy,

I'm with you on your journey and I want you to know that YOU CAN BEAT THIS! And I believe in the power of prayer and you are being prayed for every day. I love you!

Monique
jntnfamily said…
I feel your love and prayers Monique. Thank you!!!!

I love you! Nancy

Popular Posts