Simple things . . .

Yesterday, my mother-in-law took me to Fashion Valley to walk around. While in Nordstrom, I remembered about my "prescription" in the lingerie department for a camisole. KP had faxed it over a week or so ago and I've been curious. What is this all about? I soon learned... this cami is so soft, perfect for this stage in my recovery. I was offered a few different cup size pads. I went for the full B. Why not? Smile. My nearly an A size are behind me. The lady at Nordstrom came in the dressing room to assist me in trying these cami's on. I didn't know what to think of that. Does she know what she's about to see? Only Jeff has seen me so far. . . I asked, I'll be OK, and she said not to worry, that she's seen this before and that she's there to help me. That brought tears to my eyes. I was so impressed with her professional attitude and compassion. I walked out of Nordstrom's with two cami's and two really cute cotton dresses. I'm going back today because there was this hat, calling my name. :-)

The boys are hanging with friends today, maybe at the beach. I'm hoping to get closer in getting a new computer. Our PC crashed a few weeks ago and I've been working on an OLD 98 PC. Crashes pretty much every 5 minutes. Then takes 10 minutes to reboot. Starting to get on my nerves.

I see Ressa on Friday. The drains should be removed, YES! And maybe my pathology report will be in. I'm not expecting any surprises. I have NO regrets on having my left breast removed. I am releived I'm healing so well though. Jeff was changing my bandages last night and was making me laugh so much (as he always does). He called himself "Jeffrey Permenente"! OMG. I'm still laughing about that one. Jeff, you are PERFECT! In sickness and in health . . . you are there for me! I love you!!
If you click on the title "simple things . . . you'll be link to an amazing video: Asilomar Sonata Music Video from The Shift Soundtrack

Dr. Wanye W. Dyer (i sware the man is talking to me): "Meditation gives you an opportunity to come to know your invisible self. It allows you to empty yourself of the endless hyperactivity of your mind, and to attain calmness. It teaches you to be peaceful, to remove stress, to receive answers where confusion previously reigned..."

"Before you start your day, or just before your head and pillow meet, take a moment to find peace with the beautiful Asilomar Sonata."

Hope you all have a peacefull day. I will. No doubt about that. Time for a nap <3

Comments

Merri said…
You just have to love Nordstrom's, what a nice experience for you Nancy and yes, why not on the cup size - go for what you want babe! Jeff, what a great husband! Kudos to you Jeff! Your naps sure do sound so wonderful. Have a blessed day! Lots of Love, Merri
O&A said…
Thanks Nancy. We are so proud of you.
Love, Mom and Dad
fran alger said…
Nancy,
I was at the beach today. All the boys had a great time. Nick, Tate, Nolan, Payton and Morgan made it to Bellmont Park to ride the rollercoaster and the bumper cars. Guess Tate's car wasn't working to well. Nick said they all laughed alot and had great time.

You are an angel..Keep Smiling!
Fran
Rain Dancer said…
Hey Nancy!
So nice to hear you talk about the simple things in life...sometimes we get to caught up in the daily grind and can't see the beauty in the small things! Want you to know that I am pulling for you in prayer and thought everyday! I'm celebrating the "simple things" right along with you!
Stay strong...much love,
Jill
mz marz said…
Good morning Nanc,

I am thinking about you. I love reading your blog. Even though I'm not with you, I get a glimpse of your day and what you experienced and how you feel. I feel even more connected to you. Thank you for sharing, and keep up the good work. And Jeff is a great guy! I'm so glad you have each other. I know I'm not the only who feels this way. I love you, mz marz
Michelle Gilmore said…
My sweet friend! I received your message this morning and as I read through your blog (with big welled up eyes) my heart is full! All the best on a healthy recovery, which it sounds like you are on your way to. I am sorry I did not give you an opportunity to share this news with me, as I did sense there was a health issue, and our sweet Christine mentioned something, but I know how privacy is sometimes compromised in this situation and wanted to let you tell me. I have had you in my prayers and thoughts and know that your sweet boys are taking good care of you. Love to Jeff for being a soldier of kindness and comfort and A Big Hug to you!
Minglese said…
Nancy,
I'm smiling because I know that through all of this and everything you're going through, you shine so bright. You find the good in the 'simple things' and we all should take note of the beauty in that. You've always been such a good example to all of us by being the most compassionate and kind person anyone would ever want to meet or be friends with. I'm blessed to have you in my life reminding me every day to be thankful for your friendship. With love, Monique

Popular Posts